Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The monsoon has arrived...and it has hit the city in full form.... drenching its people, flooding its streets and scattering crushed leaves and broken branches of uprooted trees the rain and storm engulfed the city rather than overwhelming it....a little boy staying next to our apartment tried to float paper boats in the water puddled all around....the wind was sharp....my heart yearned to reach out to the little boy and help him sail his boat....

the rain always gives me a news life....it works as a strange excitant for my soul. It brings out a child in me with every drop falling on my face....i looked up to catch a glimpse of rekha boudi who perhaps have retired from her household work and might have taken a break to her balcony after lunch...i feel amazing to see her....rekha boudi is educated and intelligent...yet she has compromised her career and surrendered herself to live the life of a nurse for her old feeble father in law...she was looking at the grey sky and perhaps thinking of what was and for what is not... did I see a few meaningless tears rolling down her cheek?? or was it the rain that have sheltered me into a mellow tone....??

the rain has always evoked poetry, music, love and unruly passion in mee...i yearn to make love with someone when it rains to heavily....under the open sky, rain pouring down on us.....for many times I have spent lazy afternoons gazing at the rain from my window and thinking of my high school love....

rain is always loved and cherished by mee....its such a welcome relief...there had been many afternoons and midnights when I had sat gazing at the downpour for hours....my bengali poetic heart had felt the sweet bitter pain of nostalgia....i had thought of the days when I was forced to catch a crowded bus and head to work when the most I craved for was to meet you...i had called you up every time it rained to say how badly I wanted to be with you and you have made mee understand how important it was for both of us to go to work and how impossible for you to meet...with wet eyes I pretended to be an understanding lover...

No comments:

my photo slide show

my guest book